Thursday, December 5, 2013

Aunt Mary's Microcassette

The first in a whole string of CHRISTMAS POSTS! I hope you guys are ready for a whole bunch of weird X-mas garbage and a few little presents tossed in for good measure, so stay tuned!
__________________

This post won't be as nasty as the previous ones because it's about family. If it were about my nuclear family I'd tear 'em apart, but no, this is about three little old ladies in an old house filled with stuff.

My Great Aunt Mary was always fickle. I spent my summers mowing her grass and washing her windows to the tune of "Oh be careful," and "Do it like this, it works best this way." To the best of my knowledge, she, Sister Martin, and Sister Jocille (sp?) spent their days politely arguing about meaningless things and attempting to reorganize boxes of stuff.

"I can move that for you."

"Oh no, we're just going to throw that out."

Three weeks later the box is still on the kitchen table and I'm eating overcooked broccoli while Aunt Mary takes out her teeth.

Recently, while cleaning out the house, mom came across a little sump'n sump'n:


Coincidentally, the recordings are from a Christmas past and the recorder itself was a gift from Aunt Mary! The tape contains hymns and carols sung by sweet little old ladies that probably sang quite well when they were younger. Now, the harmonies are . . . interesting. If anyone can translate or ID any of the Polish songs, I'll give 'em a cookie.

Aunt Mary's Microcassette by Alex Ryterski on Grooveshark

Download Aunt Mary's Microcassette

Smash Aunt Mary's Microcassette

Also, I'm moving all of the downloads to my Google Drive because it's easier for everyone. Just click "File">"Download" if you're stuck, dummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment