Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Grand Opening & Dungis

WELCOME TO THE WHITE ELEPHANT SANCTUARY!

The purpose of this blog is to archive all of my rare media (most of it locally-produced) so I can throw away a bunch of CDs I never touch. To start us off I'll be sharing a side project I was involved with around 2009.  Although I know this recording isn't that rare, I found no better example of some of the weird stuff that's to come. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Dungis.

Lets imagine if Tom Waits decided to drop acid while recording Rain Dogs.  No wait! Even better! A posthumous Captain Beefhart album! Or we can just stick with our original concept of "let's try to play music with the shittiest instruments."
The only photo of the Rock-Tar

TheRock-Tar had one pickup bolted to the body and two bass strings I could never tune. Tom's drumkit was comprised of two galvanized trash cans and various pots and pans played with two hammers. Nick screamed through a megaphone. David showed up with a tiny Casio that I'm surprised is even audible.

Using a 4-track we captured 48 minutes of cacophony. Thanks to Tom Vasilj for the capture and edit from cassette. These never had song titles so I just described what they sound like for you.


Dungis (2009) by Alex Ryterski on Grooveshark

Download Dungis

Eat, Dungis





No comments:

Post a Comment