Friday, October 4, 2013

The Chais- Difficult To Please


Sixteen years old I ask the doorman, "What kind of music do you usually have here?"  To which he replies, "Oh, we got both kinds! Metal AND pop-punk!"

As went every show I attended in high-school until Warped Tour. Mom, if you're reading this, I snuck off with my friends in 2005 to see Rancid and AFI. Sorry I never told you, but I had a blast and Andrew WK was amazing. 

But I digress. Willow Glen Worship Center still resides on the outskirts of Pinckneyville, IL and was the hotspot for kids who wanted to see punk shows without their parent's concerns of rampant sex, drugs, and violence. The church had it's own praise band  "Solafide" and would host other hard-rockin', young Christian groups. 

Enter The Chais. Despite their dumb name, these guys were pretty good. Their lead singer wore a Dingees t-shirt and a friend called him out after the show, saying, "The Dingees just get drunk and act stupid, they're not real Christians." I never knew The Dingees were a Christian band . . .

Anyway, here's their EP or demo or home-recordings whathaveyou. I looked in every nook and cranny of the internet and got nuthin' on these guys, so if you have any info, drop me a line. 





No comments:

Post a Comment