Saturday, October 12, 2013

UPDATE: Whores on the Floor History

Apparently Andrew is a Whores on the Floor whore. Thanks to Andrew for this enlightenment and further thanks to IzzyThePusher for the tip! 

Look at that! He even looks like a historian!

If you're confused as to what is going on, take a chill pill and assimilate the original post, you daffy drungle.

This text was copied directly from Facebook IM and only slightly edited to sustain the anonymity of certain individuals. Any punctuation, spelling, or grammatical errors are par for the course and Andrew's fault.


I don't have a total history of this band, but I can give you a few of my scattered recollections of when this band was around. -I want to say that this band started up in late 2005; I'm not sure on an exact date but I remember it being roughly during the late autumn of 2005. 

-The lead singer/frontman of the band was a guy named Ed. I don't remember the exact circumstances involved in me meeting Ed, but I do remember that we lived on the same dorm room floor (2nd floor of Kellogg hall) during the fall 2005 semester. Ed was also in the mass comm department, majoring in audio engineering. He left SIUC after the spring 2006 semester and eventually transferred up to Columbia College. To my knowledge (and this was from the last time I saw him, which was about two years ago), he presently lives in the Chicagoland suburbs and does freelance audio engineering work: helping run the audio for broadcasting of sports events.

-One of this band's first gigs actually happened at Herrin Teen Town (coincidentally the site of the first Tapeworms gig, if I recall); unfortunately, I don't remember the exact date of the show.

-I can't remember the name of the person who drew the album's cover art. However, I do remember that he was the bass player in Mr. Ned (which was an Oi-style punk band that Max and Luke Herron-Titus played in) and that he was the second bass player for the Broken Bricks (the one before Taylor). The back cover photo was apparently found on Facebook.

-Speaking of the Broken Bricks, a guy that I know was around quite a bit for the recording of the album (and is actually doing some of the vocals on the last track) was a guy named Andy who wound up as the first bass player for the Broken Bricks in the fall of 2006). Andy was another audio engineering guy/friend of Max's who, last I heard, was living in California.

-I want to say that their last regular gig was in either April or May of 2006 at the Davis-McCann center in Murphysboro. I believe that they opened the show, which was headlined by The Accelerators and Skinny Jim and the #9 Blacktops. I think that it was the last, or one of the last, punk rock shows to happen there. (As a side note, I believe that David Brown was also at this show; I vaguely recall that this show was one of the first times that I really hung out with him).

-As I've said, the band pretty much broke up after the spring 2006 semester, when Ed moved back to the suburbs. They did reunite for a few one-off gigs: the most recent of which took place at Maxfest (which was a bunch of shows that happened in Max's parents garage) in June or July of 2008 (I was at this show and it was the last gig that I can think of).

Those are my scattered memories of this band's existence. If you are looking for other (possibly more informed) perspectives on the band, I would probably check in with Luke Herron-Titus. I seem to remember that he was at most of the shows that they played (if I recall, WOTF played a lot of shows with Mr. Ned).

Otherwise, let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks!-Andrew

No, thank YOU! I hope you don't mind me posting this, because I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment